A Ghost Heart?
Posted on 2/16/2014 by Eliyokim Cohen
Here’s a treat for Valentine’s Day. Below, take a close-up look at a decellularized “ghost heart.”
This heart can serve as a scaffold upon which to grow a working heart from human stem cells. Researchers at the Texas Heart Institute created it by stripping all the living cells from a pig heart with a soap solution, which bursts the cells and leaves only the protein structure behind. These scientists have successfully implanted tissue-engineered hearts into rats and pigs so far. They hope ultimately to create personalized human hearts and help relieve the shortage of donor organs.
- 2,000-year-old stone fragment unearthed in Jerusalem
- Texan pig farmer vs. his Muslim neighbors…Who do You Think will Win?
- What this Grand Mufit of Egypt said about Islam will send a chill down your spine
- Tesco withdraws West Bank products
- GET 'EM CHINA: 139 Muslims arrested in China for spreading 'Jihad'
- ABC News: “Authorities in Canada are trying to understand what motivated a gunman to kill a soldier in the country’s capital”
- A gem of a quote from Brigitte Garbriel that sums up the Middle East conflict perfectly
- A stunning look inside Beirut's only synagogue recently renovated
- This is what a true friend of Israel sounds like...Stephen Harper is the world's most pro-Israel leader
- Top U.S. Muslim Leader Is Pushing for Something That Could End America as We Know It
- Heartbreaking: Last Picture of Baby Terror Victim
- Terror slaying of Leon Klinghoffer shocked the world
- Colombian evangelical Xtians convert to Judaism, embracing hidden past with deep Jewish roots
- How to grow ample food as water, farmland dwindle
- Blitzing the black flag of ISIS: Extraordinary moment massive US airstrike obliterated jihadis' emblem flying on hill above Kobane (while a lone sentry stands his ground)
- The British 22-Year-Old Making His Name as an Online Jihadi Hunter
- China creates its very own Venice, complete with man made canals, gondoliers and European
- Obama says the American public needs to be better educated about Islam
- Jerusalem - Grandfather Of Murdered Baby Says Child Born To Parents After Years Of Waiting
- Infectious Disease Experts Argue: ‘Ebola Virus Could Be an Aerosol-Transmissable Disease’
- Hamas Welcomes Baby's Murder in J'lem Attack
- WALKING WITH THE ENEMY: How a Jewish man who pretended to be a Nazi saved hundreds of Jews
- New Israeli Technology Helps Treat Parkinson's Disease
- Who exactly are the Fallen Angels that the Torah refers to and what is their significance
- Here’s What the Next Brain Implant Will Be Made Of