Sinai blast kills 6 Egyptian soldiers in stronghold of ISIS-linked terrorists
Egyptian terror group Sinai Province claims responsibility for attack.
ISMAILIA, Egypt – Egypt’s military said a bomb detonated by militants killed six soldiers and wounded two others in Egypt’s North Sinai on Sunday, a region beset by Islamist insurgents.
The army said in a statement that “terrorist and extremist elements” were behind the roadside attack on an armored military vehicle in the town of Sheik Zuweid. Two of those killed were officers, it said.
A Twitter feed that describes itself as the official account for Sinai Province, a militant group that has pledged allegiance to Islamic State, claimed responsibility for the attack.
North Sinai is the epicenter of an insurgency that has killed hundreds of members of the security services since mid-2013, when then-army chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi ousted Islamist president Mohamed Morsi after mass protests against his rule. Sisi was overwhelmingly elected president last year.
FOR THE ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINK