10 Foods That Vegetarians Eat That Have Meat
Here’s something to drive your vegetarian friends nuts. It’s ten weird things that actually DO have meat in them . . .
1. Bananas, unless they’re organic. One of the main pesticides they use to keep them from ripening too quickly is made from shrimp and crab shells.
2. Guinness. They use fish bladders to filter the yeast out. But it’s such a small amount, they don’t have to list it in the ingredients.
3. Orange juice with omega-3. The omega-3 comes from fish oil.
4. Marshmallows. They used to be made with something called marshmallow root. But now most companies use gelatin, which is made from animal by-products.
5. Altoids. Again, they use gelatin, except in the “sugar-free” kind.
6. Bagels. Some kinds have an enzyme in the dough made from bird feathers.
7. Parmesan. Some vegetarians are okay with cheese. But parmesan is made with something called animal rennet . . . which comes from the stomach lining of calves.
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »