Browse By

PHOTOS: Man Takes Walk on the Beach, 2 Days Later His Foot Is Gone

Screen-Shot-2015-05-19-at-3.49.19-PM-e1432065003969It was just an ordinary day for Zach Motal as he took a stroll down the beach in Fort Meyers, Fl.

But what happened next changed his life forever.  Now, Motal is asking others to heed the warning of his experience.  Two days after that walk, his foot had to be amputated in order to save his life.

The cause?  Group A Streptococcus, more commonly known as “flesh eating bacteria,” infected his foot and quickly began moving up his leg.

Zach was walking on the beach when he felt a stinging sensation on his foot. Forty eight hours later, Motal was in the emergency room with severe pain in his leg.

Motal’s foot “was covered with giant red blisters,” and the infection, which is extremely aggressive, was traveling up his leg quickly.  Doctors diagnosed him with necrotizing fasciitis (Group A Strep) and attempted to excise the gangrenous flesh, but it was moving too rapidly.  If the infection spreads too far, it can be fatal.



Click here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »


Join the over 1.4 million fans of Jews News on FB…It’s NOT news unless it’s Jews News!

Powered by WordPress Popup