Flush Nicotine Out Of Your Body Naturally
By smoking just one cigarette you release nicotine in your bloodstream, which can be very pleasurable at the moment, but did you know that it takes 6-8 hours for the nicotine to leave your body? Most of this nicotine is released when urinating. So it takes 48-72 h and 20-30 days for the nicotine’s by-product cotinine to leave your body.
Some studies have shown that if you eat more fruit and vegetables that are rich with vitamin C, which accelerates the metabolism, you will remove the nicotine from your bloodstream faster. The public health researchers from the University of Buffalo made a survey which included 1,000 smoker aged 25 or older from all over the country. After fourteen months, the researchers checked the participants to see if they have abstained from tobacco during the previous month. The results were stunning. The ones who ate more vegetables and fruit were 3 times more inclined to stay off tobacco compared to those who consumed smaller amounts, for at least 30 days. They also smoked less frequently per day and scored better on a nicotine-dependency test.
There arereasons for people who ate more vegetables and fruit to have easier time in quitting cigarettes, which are the following:
- Fruit and vegetables make people feel sated, because smokers occasionally confuse hunger with cigarette craving
- They lowered nicotine dependence
- Fruit and vegetables could make the taste of tobacco repulsive, unlike alcohol, coffee or meat
- Healthier lifestyle has a better chance at making smokers give up their smoking.
Food and drinks vs. Nicotine
- Nicotine dehydrates the body, therefore you need to drink water in larger quantities in order to hydrate the body. Water also helps in sweating out the nicotine from your system.
- Some vegetables, such as egg-plants, beans, cucumbers and celery influence cigarette taste and they also decrease nicotine dependence. But remember not to consume too much sweet vegetables, because their sugar level is high and it could disturb the balance in your brains pleasure areas and will increase the desire for smoking.
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »