How to make Israel’s ‘favorite dessert’
But it’s really a homemade treat, rather than branded products, that remains the centerpiece of Israel’s chocolate love affair: Israeli chocolate balls.
“They are easy, fast to prepare and a great recipe to make with kids, but not just for kids,” Tal Cohen, an Israeli who owns Ba-li Cravings, a caterer in Ithaca, NY, told From The Grapevine.
What’s more, the recipe is easy to alter – you can flavor to your liking with alcohol (for the adults, of course), coffee, caramel or chocolate chips.
Adapted from Tal Cohen’s recipe:
- 200-250 gram cookies – preferably Petit Beurre
- 2 fluid ounces sugar
- 4.5 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4-5 tablespoon milk
- For dipping: coconut sprinkles, anything else you so desire….
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »