Browse By

Silent Killer: After This You Will Never Dry Your Clothes on the Radiator

Drying washing indoors can pose a serious health risk to people with weakened immune systems or severe asthma, doctors have warned.


Clothes draped on drying frames or warm radiators can raise moisture levels in the home by up to 30 per cent, creating ideal breeding conditions for mold spores.

Experts are particularly concerned about Aspergillus fumigatus spores, which can cause lung infections.

Drying clothes in homes increases the moisture level and entails an increased risk of asthma and allergies which are particularly dangerous for the youngest.

Aspergillosis is the name of a group of conditions caused by a fungal mould called aspergillus.

It usually affects the respiratory system (windpipe, sinuses and lungs), but it can spread to anywhere in the body.

Depending on a number of factors, the symptoms of aspergillosis can vary in severity from mild wheezing to coughing up blood. Someone with a weakened immune system is at greater risk of being more severely affected.


Click here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »


Join the over 1.4 million fans of Jews News on FB…It’s NOT news unless it’s Jews News!

Powered by WordPress Popup