Cabinet Approves Revoking Residency from Terrorists
Security cabinet approves a series of additional security measures in wake of ongoing terror wave.
By Elad Benari
The security cabinet on Tuesday night approved a series of additional security measures to deal with the recent wave of terror.
Among the measures upon which it was decided:
- The Cabinet authorized the Israeli police to impose a closure or seal points of friction in Jerusalem according to security considerations.
- In addition to the demolition of homes of terrorists, rebuilding a home in the place where the home of a terrorist was demolished will be prohibited.
- The assets of terrorists who carried out attacks will be confiscated.
- Permanent residency of terrorists will be revoked.
- An enlargement and expansion of the operational forces of the Israel Police.
- The recruitment of 300 additional security guards for public transportation in Jerusalem at a cost of 80 million shekels.
- The Cabinet authorized the police to reinforce using IDF troops in cities and on the roads.
- The Cabinet instructed the IDF to immediately deploy forces along the sensitive parts of the border fence. The Prime Minister also instructed for work to begin on the completion of the security fence.
The Cabinet will reconvene on Wednesday afternoon to discuss additional security related issues, including Palestinian incitement.
The terror wave continued on Tuesday, beginning in the morning when two Israelis were killed as two
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »