Browse By

Confusion, fear in Germany after stadiums evacuated following bomb threat

<> on November 17, 2015 in Hanover, Germany.

HANNOVER, Germany —Confusion reigned in Hannover, Germany on Tuesday night after two stadiums were evacuated following a bomb threat.

Interior minister Thomas de Maiziere said no explosives had been found at the stadium, contradicting the Hannover police chief, who was quoted by multiple sources as saying “there was a device intended to be detonated inside the stadium.”

A soccer match at the venue was canceled after police said “serious plans for explosions” were thwarted.

Unconfirmed reports from a local German newspaper had said a truck possibly disguised as an emergency vehicle or ambulance initially believed to contain explosives was found at an unknown location.

There was no immediate confirmation of that report, though a German television reporter later appeared live on CNN to relay reports circulating in the local media of the discovery of some kind of device possibly found inside a truck.

Referring to another bomb threat about an hour beforehand that turned out to be a false alarm, Hannover police chief Volker Kluwe said, “After the first object turned out to be harmless, we got a tip that had to be taken seriously that an attack was being planned.”

Lower Saxony Interior Minister Boris


Click here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »


Join the over 1.4 million fans of Jews News on FB…It’s NOT news unless it’s Jews News!

Powered by WordPress Popup