Check Your Feet and See What They Are Telling You about Your Blood Pressure, Thyroid and Arthritis Risk
Our body sends us many signs about our health. For example, the feet are a good informer of your overall health. Pain in the feet or even numbness expresses symptoms of diseases before any other body part.
Cramps in Foot
Foot cramping may signify you are dehydrated or you workout too hard, but if this happens frequently, you may lack potassium, calcium, or magnesium in your diet. Stretch your feet before going to bed and add more calcium to your diet.
Dry Skin on Feet
Dry skin on the feet may be a sign of a fungal infection known as Athlete’s foot. This condition starts as dry, itchy skin and develops into inflammation and blisters. You need to keep feet clean and follow these tips:
- Take off your shoes at home and expose your feet to the air or sunlight
- Wear cotton socks, and change them each day
- Avoid walking barefoot in public areas
- Do not wear worn-out exercise shoes
- Don’t wear borrowed shoes
- Tea tree oil is an excellent home remedy. Apply a small amount to the affected area two or three times daily, and continue to apply it for two weeks after signs of the infection have disappeared.
- Another remedy you should try is grapefruit-seed extract, which has amazing antifungal effects. Apply it two-three times daily to the affected area.
Another thing that can help is adding one or two garlic cloves to your food. Garlic has natural antifungal properties.
Thick and Yellow Toenails
If there is a fungal infection beneath your toenail, it can start to thicken, change color, and separate from the skin. This occurs more often in people with diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and other immune deficiencies.
Increased Big Toe
There is a possibility of experiencing gout if your big toe
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »