48-Hour Weekend Liver, Colon and Kidney Detox that Will Remove All Toxins and Fat from Your Body
Detoxification (“detox”), as a procedure that allegedly purifies the body of chemicals and toxins, has been known for centuries. It has been widely used and recommended by many religious groups and philosophers, including the father of Medicine, Hippocrates.
Being on a low-calorie fasting slows down the work of metabolism and it basically starves the body, due to the loss of vital nutrients.
An improper detox diet can cause nausea, fatigue, colon damage, dehydration, and dizziness.
DETOX SYSTEM OF THE BODY
Every organism has its own detoxification system, consisted of the colon, kidneys, and liver.
- The colon contains bacteria which support the production of both unhealthy and healthy chemicals. Its main function is the removal of toxins before they get the chance to harm the body.
- Kidneys continually filter the blood and eliminate toxins through the urine.
- The liver is the first defense organ of the body which is responsible for preventing the toxins from entering the bloodstream.
If you want your detox diet to really work, you need to consume the right food. The detox diet presented in this article is by Dr.Oz and it helps the three vital organs to function properly. In brief, you need to prepare and consume the following snacks and meals two days in a row.
- Breakfast ( Prunes with Quinoa )
Prunes are rich in fiber and sorbitol while quinoa is abundant in phosphorus, fiber, and protein. A combination of quinoa and prune is a good way to start the day.
- ½ cup of quinoa
- 1/3 cup of chopped prunes
- ¼ cup of rice milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 1 tbsp of flaxseed oil
- 1 tbsp of grated ginger
Take a small pot and put the quinoa, ginger, nutmeg, and water in it. Mix the ingredients well and bring the mixture to boil. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Then, add the prunes and rice milk. Cover the pot again and cook for about 5 minutes. Finally, add the flaxseed oil and consume the mixture.
- Detox Snacks and Drinks Between Meals
Pineapple is rich in bromelain, a compound which is great for the process of digestion. The kale supports the cleansing of the kidneys, and the ginger stimulates the bile flow in the gallbladder.
- ½ cup of pineapple
- A bunch of kale without stems
- ¼ inch of ginger root
- 2 large cucumbers
- Half squeezed lemon
- ½ cup of mint
Put all of the aforementioned ingredients in a juicer and process well.
- Detox Drink with Pomegranate, Lemon, and Pineapple
- 1 cup of unsweetened pomegranate juice
- ¾ cup of unsweetened
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »