Iran’s army chief vows to bolster ballistic missile program in threat to Israel
Maj. Gen. Ataollah Salehi says Iran will continue developing its missile program, says friendly countries should not be threatened • Move violates Iran’s deal with the West • “We don’t pay attention and do not implement resolutions against Iran,” he says.
Iran will continue to develop its missile program, and it should not be considered a threat to neighboring and friendly countries, Iran’s semi-official Fars news agency quoted the head of the army as saying on Thursday.
Under a deal reached between Iran and six major world powers in 2015, most international sanctions imposed on Iran due to its nuclear program were lifted last month. However, sanctions imposed on its missile program remain in place.
According to a July 20 U.N. Security Council resolution endorsing the deal, Iran is still “called upon” to refrain from work on ballistic missiles designed to deliver nuclear weapons for up to eight years.
In October, Iran violated a United Nations ban by testing a precision-guided ballistic missile, prompting a U.S. threat
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »