Girl’s leg shrivels and turns BLACK after snake bite causes her leg to rot away
- WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT
- Unidentified girl, 13, suffered severe necrosis from a snake bite
- Necrosis is the premature death of cells and caused her leg to ‘die’
- Also suffered a laceration to the artery in her leg which caused bleeding
- Treated at first with her indigenous culture’s remedies
- Finally brought to hospital a month after the incident with the snake
- Necrosis has led to a condition called rhabdomyolysis, in which muscle tissue will begin to die throughout the body
This horrific picture shows a young girl’s leg that has shrivelled and turned completely black after being bitten by a snake.
The snake’s venom caused severe necrosis – the premature death of cells.
This caused the tissue in her leg to die, leaving it withered and rotten.
The 13-year-old girl, who is unidentified, was first treated by remedies from the indigenous culture she was from, according to a photograph posted on Instagram by the username ‘juventudmedica’.
A month later she was eventually brought to Carcaras, Venezuela,for medical treatment.
One doctor, who has seen the photograph, told MailOnline
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »