Muslim ‘refugees’ use bars and rocks to try and hijack trucks so they can reach the UK after France demolishes their tent city
- Migrants started to burn down parts of the camp in anger over the demolition of the notorious Jungle camp
- Some migrants used bars and rocks to try and hijack lorries entering the UK as they became desperate to reach Britain
- Around 100 makeshift homes were torn down yesterday during a French-court authorized demolition of the campsite
- Horrified bystanders today witnessed a woman threaten to cut her wrists in protest at being cleared from the site
- French officials have ordered the southern part of the camp to be cleared and began removing shelters yesterday
Migrants have started to torch the notorious Jungle camp in protest over the demolition of the site, leading to clashes between angry protesters and police.
As the flames tore through the light timbers and canvas of the buildings, some migrants called for the demolition to stop, with one woman protesting on the roof of one of the buildings.
She warned police not to approach when they moved forward to arrest her male companion as around 100 makeshift homes in the so-called ‘Jungle’ were torn to the ground yesterday, with bulldozers likely to continue their work all this week.
Earlier, AP reported the woman, thought to be from Iran, had followed through on a threat to cut her own wrists when approached by police.
Meanwhile, migrants brandishing metal bars and hurling rocks tried to hijack lorries today as demolition workers supported by riot police carried on smashing up their illegal camp.
It has led to many of the migrants trying to get to Britain as quickly as possible, forcing traffic to a standstill on major roads while trying to get on board HGVs.
‘Gangs broke out of the camp overnight, and started threatening drivers in the middle of the road,’ said a Calais police spokesman.
‘Tear gas and baton charges were used to restore order, and then the
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »