Prince Charles tells UK muslims to abide by British values…OR GTFO
- Charles denounced the radicalisation of young Britons by Islamic fanatics
- He said they should show more respect to ‘the values we hold dear’
- Comments were made as he started a six-day tour of the Middle East
- He will tell new Saudi king to show clemency to Saudi blogger Raif Badawi
- Sentence of 1,000 lashes and ten years in jail caused international outrage
- Prince last night arrived in Jordan, where he will meet King Abdullah II
Prince Charles risked provoking a new political and religious storm yesterday when he said Muslims living in the UK should follow British values.
In a staunch defence of Britain’s ‘Christian standpoint,’ he denounced the radicalisation of young Britons by Islamic fanatics and said they should show more respect to ‘the values we hold dear’.
People who had ‘come here, were born here or go to school here’ should ‘abide by our values,’ he said. His comments were made as he started a six-day tour of the Middle East, seen as another stage in assuming more of the Queen’s international duties.
Scroll down for video
It is a clear response to critics who say he should not meddle in sensitive political matters. The Prince will also challenge Arab leaders head-on during the trip.
The Mail on Sunday can disclose that he is to tell new Saudi king Salman bin Abdulaziz al Saud to his face that he should stop the 1,000 lashes handed down as punishment to Saudi blogger Raif Badawi for comments which the regime claimed were critical of Islam.
Prince Charles last night called for a halt to the persecution of Christians by Islamic State and other militant Islamic groups, telling them bluntly: ‘We were in the Middle
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »