Brussels ISIS terror cell ‘had planned to carry out new massacre at Euro 2016’
- ISIS terror cell wanted to target Euro 2016 football tournament in France
- Mohammed Abrini supposedly revealed terror plan to investigators
- French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said it was ‘extra proof of the very high threats to the whole of Europe and to France in particular’
The attack on Brussels appears to have been in reaction to the sudden arrest of Salah Abdeslam and that the real plan was to carry out another massacre in France in the summer, according The Liberation newspaper.
Mohamed Abrini, who has supposedly admitted to being the ‘man in the hat’ captured on CCTV before the Brussels airport bombings, is believed to told investigators about the Euro 2016 plan.
French Prime Minister Manuel Valls said the terror threat was ‘extra proof of the very high threats to the whole of Europe and to France in particular. We will not let our guard down.’
Abrini, a long-time petty criminal who grew up with Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam in Belgium’s troubled Molenbeek area.
Nicknamed ‘Brioche’ after his days working in a bakery, Abrini is thought to have given up training as a welder at the age of 18 before eventually gravitating towards the extremist milieu.
Already the target of a manhunt over the November terror assaults in Paris, police have also uncovered links to last month’s Brussels attacks, notably finding his fingerprints in the flat where the two airport suicide bombers were staying before they blew themselves up on March 22.
That attack and a second at a Brussels metro station an hour later killed a total of 32 people and injured hundreds more.
Abrini was arrested in the Brussels neighbourhood of Anderlecht on Friday and, according to prosecutors, said he was the mystery ‘man in the hat’ seen in surveillance footage next to the two bombers at the airport.
‘He confessed his presence at
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »