Hezbollah MP says Israel responsible for commander’s death and is starting ‘open war’
Former national security adviser to Netanyahu, Yaakov Amidror, said Badreddine’s killing was good news for Israel but stopped short of saying Israel was responsible.
Nawar al-Saheli, a Hezbollah member of Lebanon‘s parliament, accused Israel on Friday of being responsible for the death of their top commander, Mustafa Amine Badreddine, and called the attack part of an “open war.”
“We do not want to get ahead of the investigation, but there is no doubt that Israel was behind his death,” the MP told Hezbollah-controlled TV station Al-Manar.
“The resistance will carry out its duties at the appropriate time,” he added.
Cabinet minister Zeev Elkin, a confidant of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, declined to comment on the allegations in a interview with Army Radio.
Hezbollah has not publicly placed blame on Israel. The terror group confirmed Badreddine had been killed in a big explosion targeting one of its bases near Damascus airport, and an investigation was underway into whether it was caused by an air strike, a missile attack or artillery bombardment. It did not say when he was killed.
Yaakov Amidror, a former national security adviser
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »