39 reasons a Hillary Clinton presidency would be a catastrophe for America.
It is now increasingly clear that Hillary Clinton will win the Democrat nomination for President. In my view, her election will be a disaster for the American family, American workers, Americans serving in the military, and for American national security.
As commanded in the Scriptures, I will pray for her, as for all leaders. But I cannot vote for her. Here are 39 specific reasons — specific things she has said, positions she has taken, lies she has told, and values she has espoused, all that I disagree with. (True, there are so many more reasons why she would be a disastrous president, but I think this list will suffice for now.)
Readers of this blog will remember that earlier this year, during the GOP primaries, I wrote two columns about Mr. Trump. The first was titled, “32 reasons a Trump presidency would be a catastrophe for America.” The second was titled, “Seven more reasons a Trump presidency would be a catastrophe. Trump must be stopped.” That second column was dated March 1st. Two and a half months later, it does not appear now that Trump will be stopped. He seems on track to win the Republican nomination and to square off against Hillary in the Fall campaign.
Where does that leave the American people at this point? I honestly don’t know, but I confess I am grieving.
In 2012, I wrote a non-fiction book called, Implosion: Can America Recover From Its Economic & Spiritual Challenges In Time? Four years later, it feels to me like the American ship of state is hurtling towards an iceberg, and both people vying to be captain want us to accelerate rather than turn before it’s too late.
I was born in the United States. I was raised in the United States. I remain a loyal American citizen, even though I now live with my family in Israel — regularly shuttling back and forth — and have dual U.S.-Israeli citizenship, as allowed by U.S. law. I love America more than I can possibly explain. My family found freedom and safety and opportunity there. We found a personal relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ there. We learned the Word of God there, and made some of our dearest friends on the planet there. So what is unfolding in the country of my birth is as heart-breaking to me as it is surreal.
But while so much of the road ahead is foggy for me, a few things remain clear: I must trust in the sovereignty of God, come what may. I must continue to pray regularly and faithfully for a sweeping spiritual revival in the American Church, and for a Great Awakening among the broader American public. I must pray more earnestly than ever that followers of Christ across America, myself included, will preach the Gospel — and preach the “whole counsel of God” — in the power of the Holy Spirit, and faithfully make disciples, and engage with their fellow Americans with love and gentleness and respect.
Darkness is falling. The forces of freedom are in retreat. But God is good and God is great and I’m grateful that I can rest in His love and mercy. I hope you can, too.
- For years, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton adamantly argued that Iran’s government had absolutely no right to enrich uranium — until she flip-flopped and supported a deal that gave Iran the full legal right to enrich uranium, and eventually enrich as much as they want. “I’ve always been in the camp that held that they did not have a right to enrichment,” shetold The Atlantic magazine. “Contrary to their claim, there is no such thing as a right to enrich. This is absolutely unfounded. There is no such right.”
- Now, Hillary says she is “very proud” of the Iran nuclear deal that gives Iran that full legal right to enrich uranium. [NOTE: For more on why the Iran nuclear deal is so dangerous, please click here.]
- Now, Hillary takes credit for making the deal happen. “I spent 18 months putting together the sanctions against Iran so that we could force them to the negotiating table,” she said on November 6, 2015.
- “Hillary Clinton Opened Door to Key U.S. Shift Toward Iran Nuclear Deal — At State Department, the Democratic front-runner and an aide softened their stance against letting Tehran enrich uranium.” — Wall Street Journal headline, September 8, 2015.
- “Hillary Clinton makes forceful case for Iran nuclear deal” — London Guardian headline, September 9, 2015
- “Clinton backs Obama’s ISIS strategy in Democratic debate” — Reuters headline, December 20, 2015.
- As a senior member of the administration, Hillary supported President Obama’s enormous ,dramatic, dangerous cuts to U.S. military spending. The national security portion of the federal budget has plunged from over 20% to under 16%, and from 4.6% of GDP to only 3.3% during the Obama years. The Army has cut its ranks by 40,000 troops. The Navy has cut the number of ships from 600 ships during the Reagan administration to only 272 ships today. This is almost as low as back in 1916 when we only had 245 active ships. While U.S. Navy ships are far more advanced today than back in 1916, of course, having so few jeopardizes America’s ability to defend the homeland and her allies and project power in crisis spots around the world.
- Hillary led the Obama administration’s failed “reset” policy with Russian President Vladimir Putin — yet she says she might try it again.During a presidential debate, NBC’s Lester Holt asked, “Secretary Clinton, you famously handed Russia’s foreign minister a reset button in 2009. Since then, Russia has annexed Crimea, fomented a war with Ukraine, provided weapons that downed an airliner, and launched operations, as we’ve just discussed, to support Assad in Syria. As president, would you hand Vladimir Putin a reset button?” Clinton refused to rule trying the disastrous approach a second time, saying, “Well, it would depend upon what I got for it,” Clinton said.
- Hillary called the Obama administration’s Libya policy her “greatest moment” as Secretary of State, even though President Obama himself calls it his “worst mistake.”
- Hillary open says she supports requiring Israel to withdraw to the 1967 lines — even though President George W. Bush gave a written promise to Israel in 2004 that the U.S. would support “defensible borders” for Israel and would never force Israel all the way back to the indefensible 1967 borders; even though the 1967 borders didn’t establish peace but led to war; even though the Washington Post called this a “major shift” of U.S. foreign policy; even though this would mean forcing Israel to divide her capital of Jerusalem and forcing Israel to give away the Jewish and Christian Quarters of Jerusalem; even though this would mean forcing Israel to give away the Golan Heights to the murderous Assad regime, even as Syria is imploding and ISIS and other extremist groups are on the offensive; even though the Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas is serving in the 11th year of his four year term and refuses to call new elections; etc.
- Hillary was Secretary of State during the “worst crisis” in U.S.-Israel relations “in 35 years” a crisis she helped generate by actively trying to create“daylight” between the U.S. and Israel at the direction of President Obama, even as the Middle East was being set on fire in one Arab capital after another.
- Hillary is openly proud of the fact that as Secretary of State she was the “designated yeller” at Israel’s Prime Minister, trying to force him to take positions that the Israeli government felt would put their people in danger (such as engage in negotiations to give Iran the right to enrich uranium; such as forcing Israel back to indefensible borders and dividing Jerusalem; such as forcing Israel to stop building homes for Jewish residents in Jewish neighborhoods in Jerusalem).
- Hillary emerged during the 2016 Democratic primaries as the chief supporter and defender of President Obama’s domestic, economic and foreign policies — “Hillary Clinton Clings to Obama’s Legacy in Democratic Debate,” noted a Time magazine headline.
- President Barack Obama has endorsed Hillary because he sees her as fully committed to implementing his third term in office — “Barack Obama tells Democrats it’s ‘time to unite behind Hillary Clinton,’”noted a March 2016 headline.
- Hillary — just in this campaign cycle alone — has proposed increasing taxes on the American people by $1 trillion.
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »