‘Thugs’ chant ‘Viva Mexico’ while burning Stars and Stripes flag as Trump’s Albuquerque rally erupts in violence: Billionaire hits out at ‘criminals’ who clashed with riot police in the streets
- Around 100 protesters gathered outside the Albuquerque, New Mexico, hall Tuesday night for a Donald Trump rally
- As he took to the stage, they burst through the police barricades, throwing rocks and setting fires in the streets
- Security dragged many protesters back out as they shouted ‘fascist’ and held up anti-Trump signs amid the chaos
- Riot police rounded up crowds with pepper spray and smoke canisters, with multiple officers injured in the melee
- Trump used his Twitter account to hit out at the ugly scenes, accusing them of being ‘thugs’ and ‘criminals’
- Protesters were filmed setting fire to a Trump flag that resembled Old Glory
- Yesterday Trump won the Washington primary with 77 per cent of the vote, and he was endorsed by Rick Santorum
- GOP voters in New Mexico, California, New Jersey, Montana and South Dakota will head to the polls on June 7
Donald Trump has hit out at ‘thugs’ and ‘criminals’ who protested a rally in Albuquerque last night which turned violent when demonstrators trying to disrupt his speech clashed with riot police, set fire to flags and sent people running in fear over the sound of a ‘gunshot’.
Around 100 protesters broke through a barricade outside the building shortly after Trump took to the stage, trying to throw rocks through a window and at police, and setting fires on the street outside.
One officer said that a shot was fired from a pellet gun, and a second officer said it was a bullet – though subsequent reports have cast doubts over the ‘gunfire’.
Smoke canisters erupted through the streets as police tried to surround the protesters, while multiple officers are being treated for injuries and one protester has been arrested, police told Daily Mail Online. Protesters were also reportedly chanting ‘Viva Mexico’ while setting fire to pro-Trump flags.
Trump took to his Twitter account on Wednesday morning to say: ‘The protesters in New Mexico were thugs who were flying the Mexican flag. The rally inside was big and beautiful, but outside, criminals!’
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »