Ten False Assumptions About Israel
While many of us stand for Israel, it is so often disheartening to see the rest of the world go againstthe Jewish state. And so much of the international anti-Israel sentiment we witness comes about because of misinformation and falsities. Writing at the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, Ambassador Alan Baker lays out (and then debunks) ten false assumptions about Israel, its government, and its people:
1. “Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank territories (Judea and Samaria) will provide Israel with security and international acceptance.”Wrong.
- Prior to Israel’s entry into the territories in the 1967 war, the Arab states made every effort to attack and weaken Israel militarily and diplomatically.
- The Arab and Iranian attempts today to challenge Jewish history in the Biblical land of Israel and in Jerusalem and the legitimacy of the State of Israel as a Jewish state still resonate in the international community, most recently in UNESCO.
- The Palestinians are committed to eventually establishing their state over all of mandatory Palestine and they indoctrinate their children this way.
- The most recent, absurd initiative by the Palestinian leadership to prosecute Britain for issuing the 1917 Balfour Declaration proves the deeply-rooted Palestinian rejection of the existence of Israel.
- From Israel’s establishment in
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »