Muslim mother ordered off Cannes beach by armed police and fined for Islamic headscarf
- These images show police in Nice ordering a woman to strip down
- A woman in Cannes claimed ‘racist’ officers wanted to humiliate her
- French court this week upheld ‘burkini ban’ – ruling it could cause offence
- Algerian businessman said that he will pay any penalties women incur
- Judges said the ban was ‘necessary, appropriate and proportionate’
The French ban on the burkini is threatening to turn into a farce as police officers armed with pepper spray and batons marched onto a beach today and ordered a woman to strip off.
Four burly cops stood over the middle-aged woman, who had been quietly sunbathing on the Promenade des Anglais beach in Nice – yards from the scene of the Bastille Day lorry attack – and watched her take off a Muslim-style garment which protected her modesty.
It is thought the woman was given a warning about the dress code on the beach and was handed an on-the-spot fine.
Another young Muslim mother was ordered off the beach at Cannes and fined for simply wearing a headscarf.
Three armed officers pointed a pepper spray canister in the 34-year-old’s face and told her she was in breach of a new rule outlawing swimming costumes that cover the entire body.
She said the ‘racist’ officers simply wanted to humiliate her in front of her children and other family members, even though she was not even wearing a burkini.
It was the latest in a series of incidents in the south of France and comes after video emerged of armed
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »