Muslim leader, 71, ‘murdered with hammer in ISIS-inspired attack’
- Jalal Uddin, 71, was ‘stalked’ by ISIS supporters before being murdered
- He was Taweez faith healer, who some believe brought people good luck
- Mohammed Syeedy and Mohammed Kadir believed it is ‘black magic’
- They wanted him deported but turned to murder after his photo with MP
- WhatsApp message said: ‘Oh c**p… Voldermort never gonna be busted by immigration now’
- Pair allegedly followed him until he was beaten to death in Rochdale park
- Syeedy denies murder while Kadir may have fled UK for Syria via Turkey
Two ISIS killers ‘stalked’ a Muslim leader they called ‘Voldemort’ for six months, stole his religious books and then murdered him after he was pictured with local MP Simon Danczuk, a court heard today.
Jalal Uddin, 71, was allegedly beaten to death by Mohammed Hussain Syeedy, 22, and Mohammed Abdul Kadir, 24, who compared him to the evil wizard in Harry Potter and called his faith healing ‘black magic’, a jury was told.
The men allegedly ‘stalked’ their victim in a car before caving in his skull and face with a hammer in a Rochdale park after he left his local mosque following evening prayers in February.
Syeedy, who is on trial for murder at Manchester Crown Court, denies murder and his alleged accomplice Kadir has fled abroad and could be in Syria.
The men started their surveillance of Mr Uddin in August last year – six months before the murder – believing he was practising ‘magic’ ISIS extremists believe should be punished with death.
They and their associates carried out secret surveillance to establish where he was living and in August 2015 raided the mosque where he kept his books of ‘spells’ and other precious religious materials.
On September 6 ‘covertly-recorded’ footage of Mr Uddin was sent to Syeedy’s phone, and showed the victim, wearing a white head scarf, walking past the window.
Syeedy and Kadir initially plotted to report Mr Uddin to immigration authorities in the hope he would be deported
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »