Never-before-seen ISIS hostage video shows American Kayla Mueller in Islamic head scarf
- Kayla Mueller died last year after being kept as a sex slave by ISIS
- She was kidnapped by ISIS along with her boyfriend in August 2013
- The ten-second clip hostage video was emailed to a friend shortly after
- The friend gave the video to the FBI who passed it to her parents
- In it, Mueller says: ‘I’ve been here too long and I’ve been very sick’
An ISIS hostage video of Kayla Mueller has been revealed – showing the murdered aid worker pleading for help from captivity.
Mueller is only seen from the chest up, wearing a green shirt and with her hair covered with a black hijab.
Clearly in distress, she says: ‘My name is Kayla Mueller. I need your help.
‘I’ve been here too long and I’ve been very sick and it’s it’s very terrifying here.’
The 10-second clip ends before she reveals where ‘here’ is – but Mueller was filmed for the proof-of-life video by ISIS militants in Syria which was handed to her parents by the FBI on August 20, 2013, ABC News reports.
‘You just go into almost a catatonic state, I think. You can’t even stand up,’ her father Carl Mueller told Brian Ross about his reaction to seeing his daughter in the video three years ago.
In an interview to air on 20/20 on Friday, her mother Marsha also spoke of her heartbreak at seeing her daughter as a helpless hostage.
‘I saw how thin she looked but I saw that her eyes were very clear and steady,’ she said. ‘It broke my heart but I also saw her strength.’
Mueller, of Prescott, Arizona, and her boyfriend were abducted by ISIS gunmen from a Doctors Without Borders
FOR ENTIRE ARTICLE CLICK LINKClick here for the Top 12 Moments in Jewish History...LET THE ADVENTURE BEGIN! »